My baby girl turned 11 today! Hard to believe that this 5ft. 1 1/2 inch tall preteen was once just a little 21 1/2 inch baby in my arms. She had quite a busy birthday weekend. I let her invite two friends for a sleepover on Sunday and then had my parents, my brother and his son, and our close friends from Hachie and their two daughters over for a cookout. A had a blast with her friends. Mom made the heart shaped birthday cake (tradition that GaGa make the cake every year!) and A opened her presents from us which consisted of a lot of clothes from Justice and Limited Too that made all the girls in room (under the age of 11) scream with delight!! Who would have thought that the little girl who used to open clothes, make a face and throw them down as she reached for the next gift hoping for a toy would grow up to love clothes more than toys?
Monday, as our sleepover guests were leaving, my bff D and her daughter came up to spend the day with us. While the kids played, D and I talked (big surprise)!! Then we went to the Rainforest Cafe at the mall and treated the kids to a very noisy, very crowded, very slow meal. They loved the atmosphere though and the food is always very good. E was fascinated with the gorillas, butterflies, elephants and snakes all over the place. I was afraid the noises would scare him but he wasn't phased a bit! After lunch, we went back to the house for awhile and they started their long trek home (made much longer due to Labor Day traffic and rain - sorry D). After they left, we piled in the car for the traditional spaghetti birthday dinner at GaGa and Pa's house. Then we came home and iced cupcakes for her to take to tennis drills tonight for her friends.
Three bday celebrations down and one to go! I haven't heard a thing from the other mom's about it so hopefully everything is coming together.
I got a great gift this weekend from Evan - a cold! Bless his little heart, he went to school two days last week and already brought me some fancy germs. He's too good to me. I feel lousy today and should have gone with my first instinct when my alarm went off at 6:30 - stay home!!!!! Why oh why do I never listen to the sleep deprived voice in my head??? Holding my head up at my desk and signing off for now......
No comments:
Post a Comment