Monday, January 19, 2009

Weekend Update

It was a busy weekend but nice to be home most of the time. Friday night, I surprised A by arranging for Dr. T to pick us up after dinner for a 7:40 viewing of "Twilight". She's been begging to go see it again and was a bit peeved at me for sneaking out to see it w/ Dr. T a few weeks back. Ms. K and her daughter joined us on the adventure and the five us had a purely wonderful time dreaming about Edward on the big screen. I must say that I've never ever seen a movie this many times in the theater (this was my third viewing) and I enjoy this movie more and more every time I see it. It is pure 100% escapism at it's finest. Romance, adventure, angst - what more could you ask for?? A sequel - that's what. I am already waiting anxiously for the sequel to come out this November. If you have not read the Twilight series yet - you do not know what you are missing!! The entire theater the last two times I've gone has been filled with women between the ages of 30-50. There is a scattering of pre-teens and teens but the audience is mostly middle aged women.

Saturday, the day was spent running errands, straightening the house and going to church. That night we watched "Day after Tomorrow" on DVD with A. She is very into 'going green' and I knew the message of the movie would appeal to her. She loved it. She's an action/adventure junky like her parents.

Sunday was off to see "Tale of Despereaux" with the kids while hubby golfed. A had read the book in elementary and loved it so she was looking forward to seeing the movie. She said it did not disappoint at all. It was a wonderful story and I think even E enjoyed it. After that, it was off to Cotillion for A and home to scrapbook for me. I actually finished 2 pages in E's book and finished 6 pages in my Alpha Phi book. I'd printed the guts of those pages last June but never had time to put them in the book and embellish. Last night, I made myself sit down and finish them before the work I had done got lost or ruined. Now I can print the events that have taken place since last May and get the book caught up before Camp this year. It felt so good to be back at the scrapbook desk again. I've been away since last Sept. Life just got in the way.

This weekend, I have a Scentsy open house in Cedar Hill so I'll be gone all day Saturday. The same the next weekend when I do one at my BFF's house. Then there will be tennis the following Saturday so this was my one shot to get anything done at home for awhile and I'm pretty pleased with myself for actually Accomplishing something!!!!!!

No comments: