So this morning I get a missed call and I don't recognize the #. Normally, I would not return the call but it was a local number and I was worried it might be the school calling about Ash. So I call and they answer "Southlake Bark & Purr". I said "who?". She repeats "Southlake Bark & Purr", is this Ms. W? Yup, feeling completely confused since I know my dog is safely at work with her daddy today. The girl goes on to explain the reason for her call. It seems my darling husband decided that instead of taking the dog to work while the maids cleaned the house today - he would stop by Bark & Purr and see if they had time to groom her? In Typical C fashion,he left the car running while he went inside. He came out to discover our clever miniature schnauzer had locked the doors! She (and his cell phone) were locked in and he was locked out. When I finally stopped laughing, I managed to call my dad to see if he would stop by my house and pick up the extra key fob and deliver it my hubby on his way to work. Ten minutes later, my father calls to say that he has the fob in hand but now his truck won't start and he's trapped at my house. After getting my brother involved, we discover Dad had locked the steering wheel which meant the key wouldn't turn. Once he walked Dad thru the art of turning your steering wheel to unlock it, he was finally able to deliver the fob to my DH, save my dear puppy from a life inside a car and all were finally able to get to work.
I don't think any of the other parties involved found the whole thing as remotely funny as I did but then I'm off to a girls weekend at a scrapbook retreat so any residual stress from this morning's fiasco cannot possibly touch me in Frisco!! :-) hehehe!
1 comment:
That was truly one of the funniest stories I've heard about all the men in your family. Good thing E. was out-of-town or he would have had to participate as well!
Post a Comment