Friday, January 8, 2010

So cold!

Who would have thought that a person could possibly freeze to death in their own office? That is my story today as I sit at my computer with mismatched gloves on my hands (one is better for typing which is why they do not match). It is about 23 degrees in DFW today and we are very tired of cold. Texans only get a handful of truly "cold" days each year and so far this winter we've had a blizzard (by TX standards) which provided our first White Christmas since like the 1920's and several LONG weeks of cold. The temps starting yesterday thru the weekend are supposed to hover in the teens to upper twenties. We just don't do this kind of weather in TX!! I was born in Ohio, lived in Kentucky and Indiana so I know cold. I've lived thru winters with snow drifts that covered parts of your windows and doors. Snow so high that you could build forts and igloos and 8 ft tall snowfamilies. Gosh was that fun when I was probably 10 years old. Fast forward to 40 and Heather don't do COLD!! As a matter of fact - I despise cold. It is my least favorite temperature. I live in Texas because Texas don't do cold. Stupid Global Warming!

So why am I freezing at my own desk? Because we sometime after we signed a five year lease renewal the building managers decided to stop fixing things like heat and air. This summer we baked (well my coworkers baked - I actually enjoyed being warm at work for the first time in my life). Now we are freezing. The air is actually blowing but no heat is coming out. We are all wearing our coats and I'm also wearing my gloves. It is ridiculously cold in this office. I lost feeling in my nose an hour ago. I went to lunch today in search of a place w/ a fireplace to sit near. After lunch, I sat in the comfort of my car for 30 minutes while trying to convince myself to come back in the arctic confines of my building.

If I don't survive the day.....tell my children I loved them! Send Cocoa!

No comments: