It has become quite the tradition on Facebook the past few Novembers for folks to list something they are thankful for every single day. Last year it was cute because it was new and different. I envied the folks that were smart enough to kick off the tradition on 11/1. This year, I find it boring and tedious. I get tired of reading them from people. They were thankful for the same crap last year...let it go. I have not participated in the tradition but instead decided to see if I could come up with 30 things to be thankful for right here on this blog:
1. God and all the things he's brought into my life
2. Cameron - for falling in love with me in Commerce TX even though I wasn't a beauty queen from a rich family, even though his family liked his old girlfriends much better, even though I am bullheaded and bossy.
3. Ashton - for teaching me what real love is all about. From the minute I felt the little flutters of her movements inside me - it was true love. For the woman she's become at 17 - so carefree yet grounded; so silly yet thoughtful; so nerdy yet beautiful (inside and out).
4. Evan- for just being the best darn person a mommy could ask for - you love me unconditionally, you think I'm the bomb.com, you really really like me. The way you want to be around me all the time or just need to know that I'm in the same room makes me happy inside. The fact that I know I'm number one in your heart right now makes me try to be a better mommy to you.
5. My mom - for all that she continually sacrifices each and every day to keep this family together. Her life is not easy - first she has to tolerate my father on a daily basis (that qualifies her for sainthood), then she helped to raise my two amazing children and did a much better job than I ever could, and now she is taking care of her own mother during these difficult years of her life. Sure, she complains but she never quits on any of us - she just keeps going.
6. Believe it or not - my dad - for showing me the way I don't want to do things in life but also instilling in me the importance of business and how to get the job done. He's not perfect by any means but in his mind - he's always done his best to provide for his family and make our lives better. For someone that can drive me crazier than any human on the planet - he was also my hero growing up. I wanted to run big companies some day just like him - thank God, I outgrew that desire!
7. My baby brother - for never telling mom about all the times I tried to kill you when we were young, for loving me despite the attempts on your life, and for turning your life around and finding true happiness at almost 40.
8. Granny Jane - for continuing the tradition of strong willed and minded Chambers women. For showing me that a woman could wear the pants in a family and wear them well. For instilling family values in the Mundy clan and teaching us all that blood is thicker than anything!
9. Aunt Snooky - for showing me what a truly kind person looks like, acts like and lives like. Her faith in God and the Reasbeck family is a beautiful thing. She has always been the glue that held her eight siblings and their extended families together.
10. Books - for helping me escape when I need to get away but can't go away.
11. Scrapbooking - for giving me a place to express the little creativity I have in me, for helping me build friendships with other crafty folks, and for taking all my money.
12. my house - it's still a love/hate relationship but I think it's more love now than hate after almost 18 years.
13. my car - yep I love ya Bertha. I love the looks we get when we pull up somewhere for the first time. I love the comments people make about what a beautiful piece of machinery you are. I love your power.
14. my brother's family - for making him complete and happy, for allowing us to be a part of your lives.
15. my cousins - for making every family gathering a fun occasion even when it should be sad.
16. my TC friends - Amy, Kim, Theresa - have been such an important part of my life these past several years. They are always there when I need them.
17. my APhis - although the group is not the same, I still love them.
18. and that's all I have for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment