Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Come On Eight

Counting the days to 2008......every day (or so it seems) some new tragedy or dilema hits the lives of people I know and love or hits directly in the middle of my life. I'm tired of it. I don't know if 2007 has been a bad year for most, but it's been a bad year for most of the folks in my life. Death, surgeries gone bad, car accidents, appendix's bursting, divorce, dislocated hips, illness, financial struggles, hospital stays......I'm still waiting for the locusts!!! There are only 19 days left in this lousy year and I'm dreading ever last one of them. I cringe when my phone rings....I wince over every email I receive. Yes, it's really been that kind of year. If we can just survive the next 19 days....I'm wishing 2008 will be golden for everyone I know.

Today started with a phone call from my bff - her father fell on the treadmill this morning and dislocated his hip. This is after she has spent the last 10 days taking care of her dear hubby after his appendix ruptured. I know we are a lot of like but I didn't realize we both shared the same luck. Seems when times are bad for one - they are bad for both of us. :-( I am really hoping 2008 will be a banner year for her family - no illness, financial abundance, maybe a new baby (a girl can hope)!!! So black cloud - move on!!

I'm also hoping 2008 will be a banner year for my parents. My dad has worked so hard to get his own company up and running and it looks like things are really taking off. I'm just hoping they can stay on top of it all and make it work w/o everyone making themselves sick w/ long work hours and piles of stress. I am hoping my mother is successful in her quest to stop smoking - which is something I've wished for my entire life. Maybe '08 is the year!! I also hope they are able to sell their house!!

I hate to put so much stress on a year but please listen 2008 - we are counting on you to be a great year for all!! Hope Life's Great in 2008!! That's my motto!!

1 comment:

Debi Stone said...

I will hopefully be right there with you to ring in the new year!!! 2008's gotta be GREAT!!!