Tomorrow is Christmas!!!
The fun began last night when the four of us did our traditional family dinner at Mac's Steakhouse. It was Delicious. Afterwards, we dropped A off at a friends and came home to put our sleeping son in bed. Then it was fun time for just me and DH. It has always been our tradition to open our gifts to each other before all the other gift opening takes place. I think this stems from the way his parents celebrated the holiday. They always bought each other lots of gifts and opened them Christmas morning when no one was there. Since Santa visits our house on Christmas morning, we usually settle for the 22nd or 23rd. This is getting harder and harder to pull off since E's bday is the 21st and we'll have a bday dinner at Mom's to squeeze in every year. Last night, with the holiday music flowing, the tree lit and our comfy clothes on - we sat down and opened gifts. I got some wonderful things this year - the most wonderful being my new Canon Rebel XS that I have wanted for years!!! I also got a couple seasons of Gilmore Girls on DVD (I'll need a few sick days to get thru those), the new Nickelback cd, some earrings, a jogging suit, an Ohio State sweatshirt and some great books (I cannot decide which one to read first). I got him a home theater system as our 16 yr old stereo is on it's last legs. He also got a lot of LSU stuff, some clothes and a few books. It was a great night!!
Tonight, we will do Christmas at my parents!! Looking forward to it!
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment