Ok, so that was a cheesy 80's song reference for a title but considering I spent hours last night picking just the right songs off my computer collection to load to my new MP3 player, it was only fitting to have the 80's stuck in my head. Have I mentioned that I absolutely love my MP3 player because I realized today I can use it to drown out my angry coworkers?? Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!
So back to the real reason for my title.....it's time to pick my word for 2009!! For those of you reading my blog last year about this time, you may recall that I picked the word "Create" for 2008. The word was my inspiration to find ways to use my scrapbook skills to "create" new projects, my parenting skills to "create" special time with my children and my relationship skills to "create" stronger friendships. I think I did a pretty darn good job on incorporating "create" in my life in 2008. Now it is time to pick the word for 2009 and after a week of thought and deliberation.........I am choosing "Appreciate". I want to slow down my hectic life a bit to appreciate what I have and what God has given me. Sometimes I feel like my life is rolling by so quickly that I rarely have time to appreciate the snap shot moments right in front of me. Life is a precious gift and I want to appreciate every single moment I have with every single person I love in my life. Sometimes failing to appreciate what was right in front of me has caused much regret when the very people I took for granted are no longer in my life.
Here's to 2009........may it bring all the joy and creativity of 2008 sprinkled with the ability to appreciate the joy and creativity that comes my way.
2 comments:
Have you made a banner yet?
Not yet but I'm planning to. I had to pick a long word! :-)
Post a Comment