At 6pm this afternoon, I should be sitting at DFW airport waiting for our flight to Vegas. I'm really excited about the trip and getting away from everything for a few days. Of course, I was so wound up about the trip - I didn't sleep well last night. Then when I finally did drift off - I head a little voice telling his daddy that he'd had an accident (or actnice as he says it). Luckily, the accident was confined to the pj's so I was not required to get out of bed to change sheets. DH changed the pj's and let E climb into our bed for the remainder of the night (what little was left of it). And there went the rest of any sleep I hoped for. My son is a fierce competitive fighter in his sleep so when he's in bed with you - forget sleep and embrace bruises. My husband is a quick thinker in these moments and he grabbed his pillow and headed to the couch. I'm pretty sure he wasn't thinking about the long term consequences of his action - like the fact that I will be grumpy all day from lack of sleep but at 5am-ish, he was just fighting for more sleep. Lucky him.
I'm hoping my excitement over the trip will outweigh my exhaustion. I'm thinking if I sleep the whole plane ride, I might be rejuvinated enough to party tonight. Oh who am I kidding - once I hear the bells and noises in the casino - I'll be toast! I'll never get to bed tonight either but do plan to spend most of tomorrow morning in bed while DH goes golfing.
I'm already starting to miss the kids. A is going thru some school work drama that we are working thru and E just doesn't like me out of his sight for very long. I know I'll be fine once we are at the airport but leaving them this afternoon will be difficult. Usually when DH and I go on a vacation, the kids are in WV w/ my mom so it's not like we are leaving them. They left us first. This will be the second time since E was born that we've left them here while the two of us went away. The other time was our last trip to Vegas in 2005. I was miserable the whole trip because I was worried about E. He's more independent now so I'm sure it will be fine.
PS - Saw "Confessions of a Shopaholic" last night w/ my dear friend T. We had a ball catching up on stuff, picking out Twilight magazines at B&N and the movie was greatness. I highly recommend it and will probably take Ash when I get home.
No comments:
Post a Comment