Monday, March 9, 2009

Another Weekend Long Gone...




What a rush! Friday afternoon ended w/ me rushing from the office to get to Sweet & Sassy for Ash's hair appt. I wanted to photo document the whole process of her turning into a princess for the Cotillion ball that evening. Tons of curls, hairspray and bobby pins later and we were rushing home to get on our gowns for the Ball. She looked absolutely lovely with her up-do, gown, sweater, high heels and dangly gold earrings. Dh cleaned up pretty good and looked very handsome in his dress slacks and blazer. We arrived at the Ball and Daddy presented Ash with a corsage (my idea) since he was her date for the evening. Since we were chaperons, I also got to dress up for the occasion although I didn't feel nearly as done up as my companions for the evening. My role as chaperon consisted of handing out Floral Leis during a dancing game. Other than that, I watched as Ash danced with various boys and then finally came the time for the father/daughter dance. It was beautiful and they did all the steps perfectly. What a memory! (I'll post pics later - I was never home long enough this weekend to load my pics off the camera).















Saturday was off and running to Allen for a tennis tournament. Ash was all pumped up that this would be her weekend to "Champ up" by making it the finals. Well, the first opponent went along with the plan and lost to Ash w/ little effort. However, our 2nd opponent at 6pm was another story. She was tough and played a little mind game by calling the score when she wasn't serving (this is a no-no but a common way for the players to get in each other's head). Luckily, our coaches don't teach these kind of tactics as they promote fair play and sportsmanship. In this case, the talking worked and Ash lost the first set 6-2. The 2nd set, she came out swinging and I really thought she had a chance to fight back but a few bad calls and one instance where Ash got the score wrong (in her opponents favor) and she lost that set 6-4. It was a long day in Allen but it ended with a great dinner at Ralph and Kacoo's!!! Our little guy fell asleep in the restaurant and stayed asleep the whole night. Must have been a really long day to him!

Sunday we were back at the courts but this time in TC for our first Team Tennis matches of the season. Ash has been playing on this team since spring of 2004 (minus the one season she missed after breaking her collar bone on the tennis court). Last season was an all time low. They had a weak team and just couldn't seem to win a match. This year should be different. They are a very strong team and came out yesterday and won the week. Ash won her singles 8-2, lost mixed doubles 8-4 and won her girls doubles 8-2. She played so well in all 3 sets. I think this was a big of revenge in her mind since the girl that beat her on Saturday actually plays for the team we beat on Sunday (she wasn't there though because she was sick). Unfortunately for us, it was hot and very sunny yesterday and I let the E man apply my sunscreen. Mental note, four year olds do not comprehend the value of sunscreen on Mommy's white skin!!! My arms are fairly splotchy w/ red spots and my chest looks fire engine red today and hurts like hell. Another lesson learned by me!!! In my defense, the only way he'd let me put the sunscreen on him was to let him put on mine. He is sunburn free so I am a good mother. DH put the sunscreen on Ash and apparently forgot her legs would be exposed too so the back of her knees are fried. She was not happy w/ her father last night when the pain started!!

After taking and picking up on the CCD run last night, we ended up with snacks for dinner. We ate a super late lunch so no one was hungry for a big dinner so we had crackers, lunch meat, cheese and dip. Yum!!! E actually only ate crackers and dip. Again, in my defense - he was too tired to think straight after running around between the tennis courts w/ his friend Andrew all afternoon. I cannot believe he did not fall asleep in his food again like he did the night before. His allergies were driving him nuts and he said the only thing he could eat was crackers. So crackers it was! Today I'm sure my mother will feed him much better than I do. :-)

No comments: