Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend Update

After two weeks of preparation, imagine the joy I felt on Friday night when the weather man predicted rain on Saturday morning! Not on Garage Sale day!!!!! I gave up a day of scrapbooking with friends to try and sell a bunch of crap only to have the weather interfere with my big plans? Ugh! So at 6:45 when DH woke up to start dragging the large items out to the end of our driveway, my first thought was "is it raining?". At that point it was not so I dragged my tired buns out of bed, got dressed and headed over to my mom's house for the BIG SALE! DH was going to set up the items we did not want to haul to Mom's and try to sell them from our house. In a matter of 5 minutes, he'd made $20 by selling 17 year old Sony speakers. By the time my mom and I had our stuff setup and pulled out in the driveway, I'd seen many potential customers drive on by. In the first hour, we probably had not made what DH had made in 5 minutes. I knew at that point, it was going to be a LONNNNNNGGGGG day. There was a lot of dragging stuff out to the driveway so people would actually stop instead of constant drive bys. Then it would start to rain and we'd have to pull everything back into the garage. When it was all said and done, we made almost $600 between the two houses so I guess that is pretty good for such a bad weather day considering our only big ticket items were a stroller, the speakers and some comforters.

After we had boxed or bagged up all the leftovers and decided which charity would get which bag or box, DH took Ash to church since she was an alter server. Mom, E and I stayed at her house to rest since we did not have time to shower and change before Mass. We were sitting on the patio when my friend Kim dropped by with my adorable godson. He and E played very well together on the patio. I was so proud of my guy for not getting frustrated every time X tore down his Lego robot. I think he understood that X is still a baby and doesn't understand he shouldn't do that. After a nice visit with Kim and X, E and I headed home. I decided I needed some Ash time so when they got home from church I took her to Saltgrass for dinner. She loved having me all to herself and we had some great conversations and great steak. It was so nice to have a good meal after a week of fast food and frozen dinners while we were prepping for the garage sale. We ate so much that Ash asked if there was such a thing as a "Food Hangover"? I'm sure if there is - we were suffering from it. We both went home and crashed soon after to recover from said hangover.

Sunday morning was off to Team Tennis in SLake. This is a team we should have beaten hands down but for some reason our entire team reverted to beginner tennis and it was like watching the Three Stooges play at times. Even Ash walked off the court at the end and said she played some lousy tennis. No one argued with her. After tennis, the kids and I went to lunch and then to get E's haircut. He was beginning to look a bit ragged and Alfalfa-like. He now has a fine short haircut and he thinks it looks pretty good. When we were finally home, I managed to log some work time on the computer for Dad's company and even finally uploaded my Vegas pics off the little camera. I'm hoping this week while DH is traveling that I can have some quiet time in the evenings to actually get the pictures edited, identified and filed. Then I can proceed in sending out all promised pics to everyone from the Vegas trip, Easter and the Band concert last week.

No comments: