Well it is hard to believe that CampAPhi 2009 is in two days. Am I ready? Not really. Usually I have over prepared for this trip by now but this year I'm just going with the flow. Every year I stressed over the condition of our cabin, the sleeping arrangements, the money, the food, the music, etc. This year we are staying in the same cabin as last year so unless someone trashed it in the past year - I know we have good digs. We already know the sleeping arrangements and the comfort of the beds so if anyone has a problem with where they end up sleeping - not my problem! Only a few people requested specific sleeping arrangements this year and I'm accomodating them. Everyone else is on their own. The food teams worked well the past few years so I'm totally leaving that in their hands and hoping everyone brings what they are supposed to. I feel confident it will be fine.
The money is what it is. Some folks still never paid in full but others paid extra to help with expenses. Instead of applying to the food expense - I applied all I could to those that had not paid. I never want to turn a sister away from Camp because of finances. I've been broke and camp was always a very bright spot in an otherwise crappy year so I like that I can let it slide when they are in tough times.
The music is what it is. I made cds. Not my finest or most thought out collection ever but they will do. I didn't label the cds this year but again - not worrying about it.
There are no scavenger hunts to plan this year. There are no surprises. I am disappointed I didn't get the responses I requested to put together a little fun surprise for all but again - not worrying about it. One less thing I have to get together by Thursday.
I plan to go, relax, spend time with my beloved sisters and come home refreshed and renewed.
No comments:
Post a Comment