Monday, July 6, 2009

Hello July

Well, we spent our long weekend cramming in as much as possible. Wednesday and Thursday we had new tile installed in the entry way which matches the tile in the kitchen. It looks FABULOUS!!! 12 years of staring at the 4x4 goldish ugly tile was long enough. The new 12x12 make the space look so much bigger and brighter!! After they finished up, DH and I headed to Denton to pick up Ash from tennis camp. She'd had a ball and won every single match she played all week. She was awarded the "Camper of the Week" honor during the closing ceremonies. We were all thrilled. Once we got home, it was straight to my parents for swim time. We ate burgers over there and headed home at dark time (as E calls it).

Friday was a day at home. It was glorious. DH went golfing so the kids and I snuck off to Main Event for lunch and games. A tremendous amount of money later and E walked away with a robot, mini care bear figurine, Sponge Bob tattoos, and a new mini Webkins (whose name has changed 10 times already). Ash gave all her points to her baby brother proving she might have actually missed him a tiny bit while at camp. Afterwards, we came home and vegged out. The kids watched tv and I worked on the computer. I got pictured labeled and journaling done. I made a few more mix CDs for CampAPhi. I caught up on emails. It was fairly productive. That night we all headed to Southlake to watch the fireworks - our family tradition.

Saturday started with me heading to AT&T to get a new cellphone. I discovered my old one to be rather useless since the #'s 2,8 and 0 did not work anymore. Hard to call folks, harder to text! So one new Samsung Propel slidephone later and I was back home to meet my family who was already next door in our neighbors pool. A few hours over there and we all came home to dry off and rest a little before heading to my mom's for dinner. We stayed at mom's til after 10:30. Talk about a tired family on Sunday!!

Sunday we headed down to Waxahachie to see our friends C&C's new house and her new baby bump!! They have a great house and tons of land! The baby bump was not nearly as big as described a few weeks ago by the mommy to be. We had a great visit and headed home much later than we'd planned.

Needless to say, we are all dragging rear today and have all vowed to get to bed early tonight! Looking forward to a "normal" week before we head down to New Braunsfils to take Ash to her next tennis camp.

No comments: