Monday, June 29, 2009

Goodbye June

Wow our first full summer month almost gone....no fair! We had a pretty busy and eventful weekend. Friday night I stayed in Las Colinas because Ash had a tennis mixer in the area and her coach was giving her a ride up. After sitting outside for 2 hours watching her play, I was ready to get back in my air conditioned car and head home.

Saturday we spent the morning washing, folding and packing Ash's clothes for tennis camp. At 2pm, I whisked her off to Sweet and Sassy to have her hair french braided and her toes pedicured. She was in heaven! After church, I suggested dinner in Irving at Cadillac Ranch. I'd eaten there several times for work functions and knew the family would love it. What a great meal! Besides my little guy not feeling so good, everyone seemed to enjoy the all Texas grown and raised foods served at CR. When we got home, I took E's temp and it was 101.7 - guess maybe dinner after church was not the best idea for him. One dose of Motrin and a good night's sleep and he seemed fine on Sunday.

We loaded up the car and took Ash to UNT for 4 nights and 5 days of tennis camp w/ one of her friends from school. Imagine everyone's surprise when they found out they had private rooms w/ a shared bathroom in between them. Ash was thrilled. Her friend was not as happy as she was looking forward to staying up late and talking. I guess last night after drills, they pulled C's mattress into Ash's room on the floor. Now they have a room for snacking and a room for sleeping. Pretty smart! This was a whole different kid than I dropped off for this same camp last year. She was confident, excited, tall (well she's always tall) and in charge. She loved being able to tell her friend where the cafeteria was and how far the walk was from the dorm to the tennis courts. Ash was also excited to tell us that she was put in the 2nd highest level group after evaluation last night. Only the 16-18 year olds were in a higher group than her. She was thrilled. I did not get a 1am call this year to hear how she couldn't sleep so I think this camp will be a huge success!!

After getting her settled, we went to my parents for some swimming and pork chops (good combo- right?!). We had a good time but got home too late for me to work on my free digital scrapbook. I won it at the CM class I attended last week but only have until tomorrow night to enter the code. It doesn't help that I didn't even have Storybook loaded on my new machine until yesterday morning and still do not have all the free stuff loaded to build the book. Ugh. Oh yeah and the pics are still on my camera's memory card. I'm guessing I might not get this one done in time. :-(

No comments: