Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summertime

It is hard to believe that June is almost gone. Another summer is just going to fly right by before I know it. Between work, the kids activities, housework, and more work - there doesn't seem to be much time left in a day. I got a brand spanking new computer a 3 weeks ago today (thanks again M.E.) and I've barely had time to get to know it yet. Sure, I've done some work on it and I've loaded up my music and pictures but I haven't really gotten to 'play' yet. It's frustrating.

I love summer because it stays light later and I usually feel like I have more time to get things accomplished. So far this summer - that has not been the case. Even though there is nothing on TV that I watch in the summer, I still cannot find much free time in the evenings. Getting E on a bedtime routine might help but hell the kid is 4 1/2 and he's never had one yet so how would I start that now.

With tennis, swimming at Mom's and camps - the kids schedules do not usually get me home in the evenings until after 8pm. By the time everyone showers, pj's and winds down - it is after 9p. When I settle down to get E to settle down - it is hard for me to kick it back into gear and get anything accomplished so my evening generally ends at 9pm or never really begins. Our weekend free time is now usually spent in my parent's pool. I'm not complaining too much about that though as that is good family time and I just love swimming - but my house is sorely neglected because I'm never there. My new computer barely knows me. The old computer is still begging for me to remove all that old data so it can run games for the kids.

I guess this is just what summers are going to be like until the kids are grown. Then I will probably sit around all day whining that I have too much time on my hands and nothing to do. Poor me.

No comments: