Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I swear

noon cannot get here fast enough today. My boss is heading out of town and this had been a week from hell with him. It started first thing Monday morning when he snapped my head off after I informed him that a document he asked me to print was not for mated and would be a printing nightmare due to all the data attached. I did not say I couldn't do it but was just asking how he wanted the data to look. It is never a good thing to start your week with a verbal tongue lashing from your boss or coworker. Most of my weeks start this way though. I'm trying to keep a good attitude about things but it is just hard sometimes to find the positive in this job. I know the two guys I work with are under alot of stress but I really do not see the reason for always taking it out on me. One just doesn't talk to me when he's upset. The other snaps at me about every little thing when he's in a 'mood'. Sometimes I swear they both PMS more than any woman on this planet.

I actually like the job itself. There are days that it is brainless (which I need sometimes) and days that are challenging. I have learned alot about the business in the past four years but I've also stressed more on a job than ever before in my life. I thought working for the government was tough - dealing every day with other people's problems. But my coworkers were wonderful and I made some really good friends at work. Then all the years I was a contractor - besides a few bad days - 99% of the people I worked with on all the jobs were great, friendly and fun to work with.

I know many of friends are un or under employed right now so I cannot complain too much that I have a fairly good paying job to come to every day. However, there are lots of days where unemployment actually sounds like a blessing that calls to me in the night. I'll survive.....but sometimes I just like to gripe.

No comments: